I love a simple dessert and these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies hit the spot. I have a major sweet tooth, but some of my favorite desserts take quite a bit of time to make. These peanut butter cookies only take about 35 minutes total. Perfect for that last minute sweets craving.
There are a few different ways to make these 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies on your Traeger, and some important things to take note of to make sure you make them just right.
Table of Contents
Tips For Making 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies on a Traeger
This is a super simple recipe, and I'd advise against changing it up too much. I know for some the simplicity of this recipe can give you the urge to add or adjust ingredients. DON'T DO IT! Keep it simple.
That being said, adding a little sprinkle of salt on top of the cookies, or maybe a small piece of chocolate on top of each cookie, wouldn't hurt anything.
All you need is some peanut butter, sugar, and eggs.
Cooking 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies on a Traeger
The first thing you need to do is setup your smoker to cook at 350 degrees. I used pecan pellets for this recipe, but oak would work well too.
In a large bowl combine the peanut butter, egg, and sugar. Stir until all of the ingredients have mixed together and the mixture has firmed up a little bit.
Separate the peanut butter cookie dough into 12 equally sized balls, and then place on butcher paper or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Use a fork to flatten each ball - Don't worry about these cookies spreading during the cook, it's minimal.
Once the Traeger is up to temp place the cookie sheet in the smoker and let the cookies cook for 12-15 minutes. The cookies will still look a little soft when you pull them out of the smoker. Let them rest for fifteen minutes to let them firm up, and then enjoy!!
There you have it, the easiest and tastiest peanut butter cookies I've ever had!
3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies on a Traeger
- 1 Egg + 1 Egg White
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- Kosher Sea Salt To Taste
- Combine the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until egg has incorporated into the other ingredients.
- Set up the bbq to cook at 350 degrees
- Create 12 equally sized balls out of the peanut butter mixture and place them on a butcher paper or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball using a fork.
- Place the cookie sheet in your smoker and let the cookies cook for 12-15 minutes. Cookies are done when edges of the cookie have just barely set.
- Remove cookies from the smoker and let them rest for 15 minutes on the cookie sheet before eating.